It was one of those things/ideas that happened in the aisle of the grocery store. My DH and I were looking at frozen potato skins and thought , “hey, we could make home made ones that would probably taste MUCH better and be somewhat better for you.”
So there really isn’t a recipe so to speak, but this is what we did.
- I scrubbed and washed 5 baking potatoes.
- Forked each one a couple times
- Placed them in a pot of water and boiled them till fork done
- I drained them and let them cool
- Placed them in the refrigerator overnight ( only reason was because we were not planning on eating them that night)
- The next day, my DH cut the in half, scooped out the insides- leaving about 1/4 of potato on the skin
- He set them aside and got some bacon strips cooked up
- Placed the potato halves on a baking sheet, sprinkled some cheddar cheese and chopped up bacon on them and put them in a 350′ oven until they looked yummy
- We finished them off with sour cream and butter
If I had known they were going to be this popular, I would have taken pictures.
Try it out. They were YUMMY!!!
P.S. – My DH used the left over potato that he scooped up to make some potato patties – just made them into patties and fried them up in a pan with some butter. Another YUMMY!