I just recently signed up to help review books for Crossway. I was excited to receive my first book and to get a chance to share my review with you.
My first book to review was Hymns for a Kid’s Heart. What a PRECIOUS, PRECIOUS book to be my first one.
I sat in my living room one day and popped in the CD that is included. My girls are teenagers now, so we don’t listen to a lot of CD’s like this now, but it brought back such beautiful memories of their childhood.
It was so nice to sit with a glass of ice tea and be able to read the stories and histories that go along with each hymn. I enjoyed myself so much, that I didn’t even realize how long I had been sitting there when the CD clicked off.
Here is some additional information about the book and cd. You can find out even more information and how to get a copy to add to you home library by visiting the Crossway Blog.
In this book, Joni Eareckson Tada and Bobbie Wolgemuth collaborate to help you teach twelve classic hymns to the children you love. With richly orchestrated music, true stories, prayers, and Scripture, Hymns for a Kid’s Heart will feed your child’s soul.
- Be inspired by the true stories of the hymn-writers.
- Connect with tenderly written devotionals.
- Learn to sing twelve classic Christian hymns.
- Practice piano and guitar with printed music.
- Understand more about God’s character and grace.
- Memorize a Bible verse with each hymn.
- Learn to pray along with their singing.
- Give children a lasting musical treasure.
- Experience the pleasure of filling young hearts with joy.
- Be equipped with the tools to teach children twelve classic hymns.
- Enlighten young people with an understandable theology.
- Enjoy prayer and Bible memorization with kids.
Includes a fully orchestrated CD with children’s voices singing along with Joni and Bobbie and simple piano music with guitar chords.