Oh Publix, how do I love thee… let me count the ways.
1. You ALWAYS have Great Buy One Get One Deals
2. You let me use two coupons on the BOGO’s
3. You let me use Publix coupons AND manufacturer coupons on one item
and 4. YOU FEED ME when I come to shop!!
The other day I went into Publix to do my weekly shopping and I was treated to an Apron’s sample of Blackberry Pork Chops. Talk about DELICIOUS!!!
The wonderful lady that had cooked these tongue teasing samples handed me the recipe page and reminded me that pork loins were on sale.
So off I went to get all the ingredients. The pork loins were already on my list, so the only thing I had to add was the Blackberry preserves.
Now, I know most of you don’t know me all that well yet, but one thing you’ll learn quickly is that I don’t ALWAYS follow directions. (insert my DH saying ‘that’s for sure’ here..LOL)
The NSPH variations:
* Pork loin instead of chops
* Rotisserie instead of grill
* no curry powder
1 1/2 pounds boneless pork loin chops (3/4-inch thick)
2 teaspoons Montreal steak seasoning
olive oil cooking spray
1/4 cup blackberry preserves
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon lemon juice
dash curry powder
1 cup fresh blackberries (optional, rinsed)
- Preheat grill. Sprinkle both sides of pork with steak seasoning. Coat both sides of pork with cooking spray; place on grill (wash hands). Close lid (or cover loosely with foil).
- Grill 4–5 minutes on each side or until internal temperature reaches 160°F (for medium). Use a meat thermometer to accurately ensure doneness.
- Combine remaining ingredients (except blackberries) in small saucepan. Bring just to boiling on medium, stirring occasionally, to liquefy preserves.
- Cover and remove from heat.
- Ladle sauce over pork chops and garnish with blackberries. Serve.
Does this look DELICIOUS or what?!?
Now my husband LOVES horseradish sauce but the rest of us.. well, not so much. So after I mashed up the potatoes, I made to different bowls and put the horseradish in one of them JUST FOR HIM!