I’m not a planner by nature, but over the years, I’ve learned that dinner time is A LOT less stressful if I know what I’m cooking.
So I am a FIRM believer in Menu Planning. It saves a lot of anxious moments at 5 o’clock and even makes grocery shopping a lot easier.
Being able to plan meals ahead of time allows you to know exactly what you need to get at the grocery store and saves you TONS of money since you won’t be buying things you’ll never really use.
But, if your new to menu planning, it can be a little overwhelming..
And that’s where the 7 Day Menu Planner for Dummies comes in VERY handy!
The author, Susan Nicholson, is a registered licensed dietitian who writes for the syndicated column 7-Day Menu Planner. She is a member of the American Dietetic Association and the International Association of Culinary Professionals. After reading those credentials, I just knew it was going to be a great resource with tons of great information.
I found the recipes to be very easy to follow and enjoyed how she incorporated using leftovers in new recipes to help save money.
To try out one of the recipes, I decided to try the Chicken with Caramelized Onions.
It sounds kind of fancy, but it was very easy to make. And got a full round of THUMBS up from my family.
Click HERE for a printable version of the recipe
Susan Nicholson has put together, in my opinion, the best Menu planning book out there. Not only is it packed with 100’s of great recipes, but she’s made it possible for you to be the MASTER MENU PLANNER in your house.
In The 7-Day Menu Planner for Dummies you will find:
- 52 weeks of menus and recipes
- Hints on navigating the grocery store
- Advice on choosing foods low in fat and sodium ( I LOVED this part)
- Lists of essential utensils
- Pointers on organizing your kitchen (another way to make dinner time less stressful)
- Special menus for holidays
- Ways to save time in the kitchen
- Tips for saving money on meals
- Advice for serving foods that look and taste great together (very cool)
- Recipes to whip up when you’re in a hurry
Now doesn’t all that sound great?
No more being scared to start Menu planning. After reading through this book and trying the first week out for yourself, you’ll realize just how easy and helpful menu planning can be.
Wiley Publishing and The Not So Perfect Housewife want to give you a chance to win your very own copy of the 7-Day Menu Planner for Dummies!
Here’s how you can enter:
1. Leave a comment here on my blog letting me know if you are a menu planner or not. If not, what keeps you from trying it out?
2. Subscribe to my RSS Feed or use the Google Connect on my Right Side bar
3.Follow Me on Twitter & Tweet about this giveaway using this Tweet:
I just entered to win the 7-Day Menu Planner for Dummies from @notperfectwife.
4.Become a Fan of The Not So Perfect Housewife on Facebook
5. Blog about this Giveaway linking back to my blog
Leave ONE comment for each entry.
Winner will be chosen on Monday, November 8th, 2010 so enter now!
** Sorry – US residents 18+ only **
** I did receive a Review Copy of the 7-Day Menu Planner for Dummies via Wiley Publishing in exchange for this review. All thoughts and opinions are 100% mine. **