Being the Not So Perfect Housewife means I don’t have to be the BEST cook in the world, but I can provide great dishes for my family – made the best way I know how – easy and simple.
I enjoy cooking for my family. My kitchen is the hub of our home. It’s where I pull together simple ingredients for recipes my family loves.
But I’d be
up the river without a paddle in the kitchen without a stove if I didn’t have great cookbooks and recipes to help me out.
Thanks to the internet and cable TV, my life in the kitchen has not only gotten easier, but our meals have gotten more exciting.
Sandra Lee’s Semi-Homemade Food Network show is one of my all time FAVORITES shows! I love to watch her pull together simple ingredients to make delicious meals for the family.
Sandra’s trademark 70/30 Semi-Homemade philosophy, alongside her beautiful tablescapes and creative cocktails suck me into every episode and get my cooking senses going.
And thanks to wonderful people at Wiley Publishing, I was able to get a copy of Sandra’s brand new Semi-Homemade Complete Cookbook to review.
I dug right into this cookbook, flipping the pages back and forth, soaking in all the great photos, helpful hints, and great chapters like:
- Cooking Basics
- Breakfast & Brunch
- Light & Healthful
- International Flare
- Slow Cooker & One Pot Meals
- Cocktails & Appetizers
- Tablescapes & Entertaining
It’s Sandra Lee at her best!
And I don’t know about you, but one of my BIGGEST pet peeves when it comes to cookbooks, is being able to have the opened with ease as I cook.
A lot of cookbooks have funky binding or awkward 3 rings, but Sandra Lee’s Complete Cookbook has this great spiral binding that allows the pages to sit flat while open and closes easily when done. I LOVED that!
Of course I couldn’t review a cookbook without trying out a recipe…
Since pork loins were on sale at our local store, I decided to try out her Pork Chips Stuffed with Spinach and Ricotta.
With a little adjustment for our ‘gluten free’ diet – this recipe was simple and easy to put together.
The pork chops were moist and my whole family loved the spinach & cheese filling. This recipe is definitely going to be created again in our house.
- Includes 1,001 semi-homemade recipes-800 fan favorites from the show and 200 brand-new for this collection-the biggest Sandra Lee collection ever
- These family-friendly recipes featuring food for every dining occasion are quick to make and easy to put together
- An insider’s look into the personal home of Sandra Lee and the re-launch of a brand-new, modernized Semi-Homemade Cooking with Sandra Lee show on Food Network
- The first book Sandra has published in partnership with Food Network with extensive on-air promotion
All in all, I LOVE this cookbook. I’m seriously thinking about getting a few copies for those Semi-Homemade cooks on my Christmas list this year.
* I received a complimentary copy of this cookbook in exchange for my review from Wiley Publishing. All opinions 100% all mine *