Can you really trust a skinny girl who cooks?
And if she does cook, wouldn’t you think it’s all recipes that are missing taste and appeal?
Not so with the You Can Trust a Skinny Cook cookbook by Allison Fishman.
Allison, who is the co-author of the bestseller Cook Yourself thin and the co-host of the Lifetime show by the same name, shows you how you can cook delicious meals WITHOUT giving up the good things in life.
I was a little skeptic when I received this cookbook. I was thinking that recipes were going to bland and boring, but I was wrong.
You Can Trust a Skinny Cook is packed with over 140 recipes are not only delicious, but are good for you.
Alison Fishman put together recipes that cover every meal of the day. Chapters like:
- Good Morning – Breakfast & Brunch
- Slurp! – Soups & Stews
- Twirl Your Fork – Pasta & Noodles
- Much Depends on Dinner – Meats & Mains
- Save Room for Dessert
and much more!
She also includes great cooking techniques and stories of where she got the recipes from.
You Can Trust a Skinny Cook was created with the home cook in mind. Each recipe had to pass the following tests:
- Are the ingredients in this recipe easy to find?
- Is the recipe easy to make?
- Will you have fun when you make this at home?
- Will you be proud of what you made? (Will your friends and family lick their plates)
- Does it taste good? REALLY good?
I, myself, decided to put one of her Salmon recipes to the test.
Now my family are usually NOT big Salmon fans. I’ve tried cooking it a few times – with very low reviews at the end of the meal.
But not this time..
Choosing what Allison titled Simplest Salmon, I figured with only 3 ingredients, beyond the Salmon – mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, and kosher salt, how could I go wrong.
This recipe is proof that you DON’T need a lot of ingredients to make something taste good. The Salmon was a hit. My family loved it and wondered why I had never made that recipe before!
So, if your looking for a new cookbook that will yummyness and good for you food. Check out You Can Trust a Skinny Cook by Allison Fishman.
And thanks to Wiley Publishing.. You can actually WIN your own copy!
Here’s How to Enter
1. Leave a comment here telling me what your favorite Good for You Recipe is.
2. Follow my blog via Google Friends or my RSS Feed
3. Follow along with my Twitters
4. Tweet about this Giveaway:
I entered to win You Can Trust a Skinny Cook at http://ht.ly/4LGJA from @Notperfectwife
5. Follow Allison on Twitter
Leave ONE comment for each entry.
Winner will be chosen on May 10,2011 so enter now!
** Sorry – US residents 18+ only **
For more info on Allison, check out her blog Laughter in the Kitchen
** I received a review copy from Wiley publishing in exchange for an honest review. All opinions and thoughts are 100% mine **