Are you afraid of it like I was? Really, I was.. I had seen some recipes that used it, but I was just too afraid to try it out.
I was afraid that whatever I made with coconut flour would have an overwhelming taste of coconut.
I like coconut, but not an overwhelming taste of it.
Sunday nights around here mean me sitting on the couch from 9 to 10 watching Dowton Abbey, so this past Sunday I made a big bowl of organic popcorn, melted some Red Palm Oil, and poured it over the top.
WOW! I had no idea what to expect, but Red Palm Oil is delicious! I will no longer be using my non dairy spread to top my popcorn.. from now on.. it’s Red Palm Oil only.
For me to try out coconut flour, the recipe needed to be interesting. Seeing that I love muffins (they go great with coffee), I opted to try out Nutiva’s recipe for Coconut Blueberry Muffins.
With all the ingredients put together, I ventured into my new Coconut Flour recipe.
The recipe was easy to follow and the muffins..well they tasted absolutely AMAZING!
Delicious gluten free muffins packed with moisture and flavor. Great for breakfast, snack or mid-day treat.
- 1 Cup Nutiva Organic Coconut Flour
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Cup + 2 Tbsp Raw Honey
- 1 Cup Coconut Milk
- 6 Eggs
- 4 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 4 Tbsp Nutiva Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- 4 Tbsp Nutiva Organic Chia Seeds
- 1 Cup Organic Blueberries
- 1. Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- 2. Sift the coconut flour, baking soda & salt in a bowl.
- 3. In a blender or bowl mix the milk, honey, eggs, coconut oil and vanilla.
- 4. Add the chia seeds and blend on low. Let sit for 5-10 minutes.
- 5. Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with dry ingredients and mix well.
- 6. Spoon the batter into greased cupcake sleeves or tins.
- 7. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown and cooked through.
- 8. Cool on rack and serve.
- Yield: 12 Muffins (12 Servings)
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 30 mins
- Ready In: 45 mins