We have a green pepper plant/tree in our hydroponic system that just keeps growing and growing. Throughout the summer, this tree of ours has been giving us plenty of green peppers to enjoy.
It has gotten to the point though, that I have had to find a way to preserve the green peppers so that we could enjoy some when maybe it wasn’t producing as well.
Preserving Green Peppers to use in cooking at a later date is a very simple thing to do. In just a few short steps, you can have a few baggies full of frozen green peppers slices all ready for your next dish of fajitas or your favorite casserole.
How To Freeze Green Peppers
1. Wash them thoroughly to remove any dirt or bugs
2. Cut the tops off, core out the seeds and slice into desired sizes.
3. Places slices onto a cookie sheet, making an even layer of green peppers.
4. Place cookie sheet with green peppers in the freezer for a few hours or over night.
5. Once the green peppers are individually frozen, place handfuls into freezer bags and place back into freezer until needed.
It’s that simple!
You will be enjoying fresh from the garden tasting green peppers all through the winter!