I knew I wanted a salad, but I wanted a salad dressing that would just make everything taste incredible.
So, I opened the refrigerator and looked at what ingredients I had on hand to make this incredible dressing. I moved some jars around and found the oven dried tomatoes, which in turn made me think of my favorite appetizer, Bruschetta.
Could I make a dressing that had a Bruschetta type taste? I wasn’t sure if I could, but hey, let’s give it a try.
I grabbed a few other ingredients, my blender, my hopes for a successful recipe, and started to create.
Within a few minutes I was doing a little happy dance (which my husband thought was quite funny) and saying ‘Oh my.. Yes.. oh my.. Yes!’
I had a just created a new dressing and I was bit happy!
This dressing tastes amazing not only on salads, but you can also use it as a spread on panini’s or your favorite sandwich. I even topped some potatoes with it tonight at dinner and it was fabulous.
Bruschetta Salad Dressing
- 1 cup Just Mayo or any mayonnaise of your choice
- 1/4 cup oven dried tomatoes
- 1 large clove of garlic - sliced
- 2 Tablespoons of Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Fresh Basil leaves chopped
- 1/4 cup of non unsweetened Almond Milk ( you may need more depending on what consistency you want)
- Place all the ingredients in the blender and blend until well mixed and at your desired consistency.
- Store in an airtight container in your refrigerator.