It’s Football Season! Or so I’ve been told.
You see, I am not a big football fan. I’m actually not a big sports fan at all. I used to enjoy football a long, long time ago. I even watched Nascar for a few years. Yet, lately I just haven’t felt the need to sit down and root for a bunch of people I don’t even know.
My family on the other hand, are huge football fans. They are either gathering at our house or at my daughters home to watch the games and food is must. It’s not an option either. These games can take up a few hours and they all need to refuel with some good munchies.
My Newest Creation and A Crowd Favorite
College football kicked off this weekend, so I came up with 7 Layered Dip that I hoped everyone would enjoy. I challenged myself to make it healthy, plant-based, and delicious. Thankfully, I succeeded and it was a big hit.
Healthy 7 Layer Dip
- 1 Meatless Crumble Recipe with Taco Seasoning
- 1 8 ounce can of Black Beans drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cup salsa divided
- 1 package dairy-free cheddar cheese (I used Daiya)
- 1 cup of Cashew Cream
- 1 cup guacamole
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- Tortilla Chips for dipping
Place the black beans and 1/2 cup of salsa in the food processor. Process until smooth.
Begin layer the ingredients in a dish (I used a pie dish)
- Spread black beans and salsa mixture. Coating the bottom of the dish.
- Sprinkle the dairy-free cheese on top of black bean mixture. Save 1/2 cup of cheese for topping.
- Sprinkle Meatless Crumbles on top of cheese.
- Spread Cashew Cream on top of meatless crumbles.
- Spread guacamole over the cashew cream.
- Spread diced tomatoes over the guacamole, adding salsa to make complete layer.
- Use leftover cheese to finish off.
Serve with tortilla chips.
Some Other Healthy Recipes I Found
To help you, and me, I’ve collected a few Healthy and Delicious recipes for the upcoming Game Day and Nights.
Who doesn’t love a good potato salad. Well, here’s a delicious recipe that is healthy and dairy-free from Simply Samantha.
Baked Mac n’ Cheese – Vegan & Gluten Free
I haven’t made this recipe yet, but I’m looking forward to trying it out. I love the ingredient list. It really surprised me, so make sure you check it out over at The Healthy Helper’s blog.
For more Healthy Game Day Recipes, follow me on Pinterest.