I’ve included some affiliate links in this post. They are of no cost to you, but if you shop using these links, they do help keep this blog going. Thank you.
Do you have that one person on your list that you just have no idea what to buy them? You know the one. The one who either has just about anything and everything they could ever need or the one who is just too darn hard to buy for.
Just the other day I had someone ask me what kind of ‘healthy‘ gifts I would like to find under my tree. They had that one person on their list that lives a pretty healthy lifestyle and they had no idea what to give them. After a few probing questions, I came up with a few suggestions, all of which thankfully, were said to have been very helpful.
So since I had ‘healthy minded gift ideas‘ in my head… I thought I would go ahead and share my list with you. Here’s my very own Gift Ideas for the Health Nut on Your List This Year compilation.
Of Course… Start With Food First
Cookbooks are one of my FAVORITE things. If you have followed my blog for any period of time, you will have seen me raving about one cookbook or another.
Cookbooks are a great gift idea too. The new year is coming up and it’s usually a time where everyone wants to try something new or start a new diet. Giving someone a healthy cookbook will give them some inspiration to get adventurous in the kitchen.
- Chloe’s Kitchen – this was my first ‘plant-based/vegan’ cookbook and it’s still my favorite
- Chloe’s Vegan Italian Kitchen – another great one from Chef Chloe – tons of great recipes
- The Raglan Road Cookbook – not necessarily a ‘healthy’ cookbook but it is packed with some amazing Irish recipes that are good for the soul. The stories and history in this book make it a great gift.
- Let Us All Eat Cake – this is one of my ‘go to’ cookbooks when I want a delicious dessert. The Texas Sheet cake is my favorite. A great gift for anyone that is gluten-free and dairy-free.
- The PlantPure Nation Cookbook – the official companion cookbook to the wonderful film ( a great gift too). Packed with TONS of delicious plant-based recipes.
- Happy Herbivore Holidays and Gatherings – even if you are not a complete herbivore, this cookbook makes a great gift. I found Carrot Hot Dogs in this cookbook and my life has never been the same
What to Cook These Recipes With
If the person you are buying for is a foodie at heart, then they will LOVE opening a gift that will have them creating new creations in the kitchen.
These are some of my favorite kitchen appliances and tools of the trade.
- Nutra Bullet – I used this thing every day. It whips up my coconut oil bullet coffee for me, grinds my coffee beans, and makes a great smoothie.
- Pizza Pans – we make homemade gluten-free and dairy-free pizza just about every weekend and these pans make a great crust
- Cast Iron Skillets – I cook with these pans 98% of the time. They can go straight from the stove top and into the oven. They are a must.
- Mini Spatula’s – I never knew how much I would use these until I had them. These come in handy for things like getting the last of the strawberry jam out of the jar.
- Veggetti – the name is somewhat strange but this makes the best zucchini and other veggie noodles.
- Instapot – OK, I don’t have one of these but I’m hoping to get one for Christmas. I hear AMAZING things about these pots and I hope to give it a run for it’s money at some point.
Beyond the Kitchen to a Healthier Home
Making your home a healthy place to live in is just as important as eating healthy.
Here are some great gift ideas that can help that special person make their home a healthier place to live in 2017.
- Essential Oil Diffuser – I need to add about 3 more of these to my home. We use them all the time. They help with sleeping, keeping the yuckies away, and so much more.
- Essential Oils – Aura Cacia is one of my favorite brands. If someone is just starting with essential oils – this is a great starter pack.
- Dry Brush – I learned about dry brushing while working on my Health Coach certification. I thought it sounded crazy, but now I do it every night and love it.
- Himalayan Pink Salt Lamps – just like the diffusers, these lamps can detox your home and make you feel better in no time.
- Grab Green Laundry Pods – I first sampled these through ShiftCon and have been buying them ever since. They are an all natural laundry detergent that really works. It smells amazing too!
Wrap Them Up and Watch the Smiles Appear
Choosing the right gift for those you love is always hard. Finding a gift that will make them happy and healthier is even harder. I just hope this little gift guide will help you out.
Happy shopping and have a very Merry Christmas!
Pin It and Save it For Later
Gift Ideas for the Health Nut on Your List This Year