It’s summer and that means salads. Lots and lots of salads.
I know it’s possible to eat salads just about anytime of year, thanks to companies like Taylor Farms, but it’s something about this time when a bowl full of greens tastes extra special.
Creamy Balsamic Dressing | Make Plenty, It Won’t Last Long
Homemade Is Best
When making salads at home, I have found that making homemade salad dressing makes just about any salad pop with flavor.
They are easy to make, and contain no funny ingredients, so making your own dressings is something I like to encourage everyone to try.
My Favorite Dressing
I have quite a few dressing recipes in my collection, but my all time favorite is my Creamy Balsamic.
It’s a cross between a honey mustard and a tangy balsamic. I love to drizzle it across a spinach salad and top with some almonds. Simple, but oh so delicious.
- 4 cloves of minced garlic
- 3 Tablespoons Stonyfield Greek Yogurt or dairy-free mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 2 Teaspoons No Salt Seasoning
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons salt
- 3/4 cup avocado or olive oil
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- Whisk together the garlic, yogurt, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, seasoning, and salt until well combined.
- Mix in balsamic vinegar and whisk well.
- Slowly add oil while whisking.
- Pour into a bottle and refrigerate